eFLOWER is a collaborative scientific project aimed at answering key questions on the evolution of flowers:
– What were flowers like in deep nodes of the angiosperm tree?
– Which floral innovations are linked with major increases in diversification rates?
– How are floral characters correlated with one another?
– To what extent has floral diversification been driven by pollination?
- Where do fossil flowers fit on the phylogeny of extant angiosperms?
To answer these questions, we are building a database of floral traits for a large sample of angiosperm species using an exemplar approach. To learn more about this database, click here: What is PROTEUS?
eFLOWER is coordinated by a pilot group of 14 researchers from six countries. To learn more about who we are, click here: Who are we?
eFLOWER is still in its early stages. Once our database server is running smoothly, we will welcome contributions from other interested researchers.